Your time has come. You can apply for the job starting today!
This is a Moderator position for a moderator whose main job will be to keep the layout, sidebar, profile and other areas up to date, organized, stylish and overall, super awesome.
All moderators do the general mundane tasks -- deleting posts that are off topic, monitoring any rude or dramatic behaviour, or helping members to follow the basic rules of the community. However like with entirelycliched being our GA moderator, the one folks should always go to first with a GA problem or question, this new moderator will be in charge of keeping things organized. This includes helping members with proper tagging as well!
The new mod must also be eager to work with me in fix up some of the posts only I can edit at the moment (rules, wall of shame, feedback, sales permission, etc). Because I am just rather slow at keeping them all up to date every week. This is also a good job for folks who want to mod but aren't on the internet for a very long time every day -- its not a job that requires constant supervision!
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION... Send the following stuff to denkimouse (at) gmail.com with the subject being about the moderator position. I will reply to let you know I got your mail. If I don't reply -- I didn't get it! I will also check my spam inbox just to be sure.
1. Write for me your LJ name, the nickname you most prefer to go by, how long you have been a member, and what country you live in!
2. Lots of members have expressed interest in seeing the layout change more often, perhaps seasonally, or depending on whatever Pokemon game/generation is most recent. Please link to some LJ layouts you've designed! Include if you made the graphics as well, or not!
3. This question previously asked for an exmaple of how you'd fix our screwed up Sales Permission page, but it's been mostly fixed as of Dec. 31st, so the new task is: TUTORIALS. We have many (seen here) but so many of them are outdated, written with a few too many opinions rather than facts, disorganized, not really kept neatly together in one place. While still respecting and rejoicing in the members willing to do make these awesome things for us, how would you manage to keep them more uniform and organized?
4. List at least TWO things you'd most like to change about PKMNcollectors! Not stuff like "less members guilt tripping in auction threads!", that is member behavior - something you think could be improved in the rules, tags, sales permission, side bar, whatever you like.
5. Finally, add anything else you want to say about the community!
Again, send the above to denkimouse (at) gmail.com, and you should get a reply shortly that I received it. I will not be replying again to say yes or no, I will just post the final outcome to the community. If you don't get the job, please understand many people will apply and this will be discussed by all the mods together before we pick somebody.
I would like to get a new mod settled on before mid-January, but I know this is the holiday season and it's pretty busy for most folks. Try to get your applications in by January 10th if possible. Just let me know if you think you'll be late.
I appreciate everyone who goes through the work to fill this out, and hope that even if you are not picked, you will continue to speak up about your ideas and use them to help improve the community for everyone!
And now for A REMINDER!
I am leaving at 5 AM!!!!!!! to go to Tohoku! I will bring back the Tohoku only goodies that are apparently not showing up in great numbers on either ebay or Y!J... eeks! You can go put in a reserve for a plushie here, but don't despair, I am going to bring some extras back too! :D
Finally, two photos :D Of some special guys I brought home yesterday!
Zekrom has a buddy! :D Is it cold in here or is that just because it's the middle of winter?
Best friends! Only not, they keep fighting :( But where is the cool electric one? Oh, you will have to wait for my ~electrical and shocking collection updatetacular~ to see him!!