"Ask yourself a question: Do you know your fellow collectors of the same Pokemon? How do you feel about them - rivals, friends? Do you hate their guts? XD
I was inspired by my fellow Raichu collectors to start this idea. We are rivals but we always go out of our ways to help each other if we can and have always had a wonderful and friendly relationship (at least the ones I know!). Even in frustrating times like after bidwars between each other we continued to help each other out. With the biggest Raichu collection I would expect to be thought of poorly or with lots of jealousy by other Raichu collectors, instead, they always show me things on auction I don't have yet or come forward to offer trades for items I don't have that they found. You guys are just amazing!
On the other hand though, although in general this community does NOT have a lot of hostility or drama (compared to other communities anyway), nor do I feel the majority of our members need to be scolded for this, I've still seen some rivalries for other Pokemon become very sour, bitter and hurtful, too. I still see folks using very downright mean methods for hurting their rivals, which I don't want to go into detail, but you guys should be know enough to know what is just plain not nice! I also know that in general some very hard feelings form between rivals and I know how hard this can be to overcome.
This is why I propose Collectors United! The idea is collectors of the same Pokemon can make a button or buttons to put in their LJ profile. The button could link back to this post, and putting the button in your profile means you PLEDGE! The pledge is this!"
"I will do my best to treat my fellow collectors as I wish to be treated."
Important Note: No one is obligated to participate in this, of course! Some people are just not interested. Putting buttons on your profile does NOT make you a "better" collector than others. You should always treat your fellow community members with courtesy and respect, regardless of this pledge.
MAKING A BUTTON:
- SIZE: 100 x 50 pixels
- Anyone can make a button! Comment on this post with your buttons and I'll add them to the list. I'll keep it as updated as I can.
- Your buttons can be about collecting ANYTHING Pokemon-related -- Human collectors, Zukan collectors, Plush collectors, TCG collectors, etc.!
- There can be multiple buttons for the same pokemon/thing.
- Host your button in a specific place that you will not move or change - this will help prevent broken links :) A good idea is to create a separate album only for things like that are being linked to, so you remember not to touch any of that stuff. If you don't see your button on this list anymore, the link probably broke. :( Just leave another comment and I'll re-add it!
ADDING A BUTTON TO YOUR PROFILE:
- Code for adding a button:
<a href="http://pkmncollectors.livejournal.com/12903546.html"><img src="BUTTON LINK GOES HERE" /></a>
- You can use any button on the list, and as many as you like!
- Feel free to add them to your collection sites as well.
- Remember, these buttons represent commitment to the pledge :)
Dual-type Pokemon are sorted by their primary type, or the type they are best known for.
Types are listed in alphabetical order.
Miscellaneous are at the end.
Merch & Other
Feel free to leave any comments, requests, and/or more buttons! If there are any errors, or if I missed your button, please let me know. ~