[ Official Rules & Guidelines | Community Feedback | Group Auctions | Sales Permission | Wall of Shame ]
Welcome to the Community Rules and Guidelines
LAST UPDATED: 10 March 2021 by nysaurus.
Updated rules about advertisement of discord/fb/messenger.
CTRL+F ("search page") is your friend!
Copying and pasting rules to members you believe are breaking them is also your friend!
Welcome to PKMNCollectors! We are a very close-knit community of members who love to buy, trade, sell, and collect all types Pokemon merchandise! You may think you are joining just to have access to rare Pokemon goods, but beware; you'll probably end up with a hundred new friends instead! Introduce yourself, post photos of your collections, admire other collections, and HAVE FUN! But first... READ THE RULES!
Table of Contents
3. General Rules
4. Rules for Sellers
5. Rules for Buyers
6. Beware of Bootlegs
7. Special Notices
9. Community Tags
●◎Moderator Contact Information◎●
●◎Report A Problem Post◎●
●◎Community Suggestion Box◎●
Check Modpost Tag!
Modposts are friendly, monthly reminders from your community moderators!
Please read the modpost tag to find out which rules are being broken frequently,
and what to do to avoid contributing to an annoying trend!
Please note that rules stated on modposts are treated as active, even if they are not posted here straight away.
Please review any modposts that you may have missed while away from the community.
Link to Banhammer ]
You could officially be banned for the following reasons:
2. Trolling or showing negative, anti-Pokemon or anti-collecting behavior.
3. Exhibiting abusive, racist, sexist, aggressive, or threatening behaviors.
4. Sexual harassment.
5. Backing out of bids on Group Auctions.
6. Having more than 3 (three) negative feedbacks (depending on their severity).
7. Being reprimanded/contacted more than 3 (three) times by a moderator.
8. Sharing community-locked information outside of the community (such as added up totals from Group Auctions).
●◎ You constantly delete bids/comments referring to the purchase of an item.
●◎ You are being over-dramatic, immature, or rude towards others.
[ Link to General Rules ]
This is a community about Pokemon merchandise
● Off-topic posts (about new Pokemon, for example) may occasionally be posted by a moderator.
● This is very important for photos. If Pokemon merchandise isn't the central focus of your photos, your post will be considered off topic and will be deleted. "Selfies" -- For consideration of other community members please place all photos of yourself with your collection underneath a cut. Some members prefer to only look at Pokemon-related merchandise and not unrelated content. If you have a photo with yourself, please indicate so in the comments or cuts to alert any individuals who may find photos uncomfortable.
● Do not include any "quick off-topic discussions" in your legitimate post to get around this rule. Please wait until Free For All Friday to discuss any and all off topic content.
● This also means that no non-Pokemon merchandise may be sold on the community whatsoever. If you have a sales post on your personal LJ please keep your non-Pokemon items on a completely separate post. If you do not want to do this then you do not have any obligation to advertise your sales here. You may link to your non-Pokemon sales on a sales post hosted in your own LJ. Non-Pokemon items in Group Auction lots are the one exception to this rule.
Do not advertise sales of any kind until you have sales permission
Do not advertise ANY outside groups that are not affliated with pkmncollectors LJ.
Do not post more than once per 24 hours
Do not post to advertise, promote, praise or endorse any bootleg goods
Do not alter the font of your post
Do not post auctions in progress
Do not make dramatic entries or post about your personal problems on the community
● This is particularly important to keep in mind for sales posts, as members can feel uncomfortable or guilt tripped into buying. (Examples: labeling sales as "Emergency Sales", saying "I lost my job and need money!", etc.)
Do not ask the community to keep track of your finances
No excessive mini-modding
All un-cut images must be under 500 pixels wide and 500 pixels tall
● Please keep the number of image outside a cut to 4 larger images, use your best judgement. If your post is scrolling for a while there's too many images.
Do not make posts requesting Group Auctions
● If you have sales permission, you may make posts requesting a partner to help you run the Group Auction, however, these posts must be deleted once a partner has been found. It is highly recommended that you partner with someone you know.
● You may add a link to the end of a post showing people the contest is going on, but if this link is your personal referral link you will be asked to remove it.
● A post solely about an ongoing offsite contest will be deleted immediately.
Additional Commenting Rules:
●◎ Do not comment on sales complaining that you do not have any money
●◎ Do not comment on sales complaining that prices are "too high". If you don't like the price, don't buy it.
●◎ Do not comment on sales whining that you missed an item
●◎ Do not comment to members buying and/or bidding on an item that you want to make them feel bad
●◎ Do not add extra comments while bidding in an auction or Group Auction. Please write the dollar amount only. No extra comments are allowed in starting bids either.
All of these types of comments serve absolutely no useful purpose and are considered poor manners.
[ Link to Rules for Sellers ]
You must ask for sales permission first before you can sell or advertise your sales. If you do not have sales permission, your sales posts will be deleted without warning.
Post your information
Have clear rules
Sellers should state their policies on buyer's priority to an item. If they do not have a policy, the community default rule is as follows:
● Time stamps will determine who committed first, regardless of edits or additional comments.
A seller can change this rule in their policies, i.e., give people asking for quotes first claim over those who commit. Therefore you must carefully read all the seller's policies before commenting. If the seller does not specify a change from the community standard regarding claims and commitments to buy, the community standard rule is automatically applied.
Set clear starting prices for auction and best offer-style sales
Using the terminology "Auction", "Offer", or "OBO (Or Best Offer)"
● An auction has a set ending time. All bids must be higher than the starting price.
● An item up for offers also needs an end time, but the seller may potentially end it earlier than the end time, when they receive an offer they wish to accept. All offers must meet or exceed the starting price.
Example: Member X puts Pichu pokedoll up for offers starting at $10. Will take offers until May 5th.
A few members make offers. Member X can choose which one he wants to accept. Member Y offers $10. Member Z offers $15. And Member A offers to trade a Reshiram pokedoll.
Member X can choose any of those offers at any time, however, when the offers period is over, he must accept someone's offer, because the minimum offer was met.
● OBO means the seller will accept an offer lower than the starting price. If the starting price is offered at any time, the offers are considered over and the sale complete.
● Once you accept an offer, the item is sold. You cannot accept another offer even if someone else offers higher.
● Saying an item is $XX shipped means fees, handling, shipping is included unless clearly stated in a sellers rules. If you have any questions please ask the seller before committing.
End auctions on time
Only one reminder allowed
Do not accept money for goods you do not have
Do not repeatedly post the same sales to the community
Ban non-paying buyers and bidders from your sales to avoid future problems
All sales must abide by community rules
The 60-day rule
Keep your sales, auctions, offers and trades in order
Notify customers when items have been shipped
Transactions through PMs
Please also be courteous when it comes to claims. If a member has already posted a claim for a certain group of items wait 24 hours before posting your claims of the same thing.
[ Link to Rules for Buyers ]
Have payment ready
Do not back out of a sale
Reply to sellers
Bid in auctions properly to avoid confusion
Read sellers’s rules before commenting on sales
[ Link to Beware of Bootlegs ]
These are our community guidelines designed to keep collectors safe from accidentally buying and/or promoting companies that willfully steal designs and mass produce fakes.
You may not post advertising, promoting, praising or endorsing any bootleg goods
Having a bootleg in your collection is allowed, and you are allowed to have it in photos, but please do not do entire posts focusing solely on proven bootleg items in your collection. Likewise, please avoid pointing them out specifically in your collection updates, which could spark unwanted debate and drama. (What about "Mirage Plush"?)
Linking to a store that sells bootlegs counts as promoting that store, even if you only wish to confirm if they are bootlegs or not. It is okay to post an image to check if the item is a bootleg, but only if you have already done the preliminary checks:
● Are there dozens of the same item for sale across Ebay, etc?
● Are multiple sellers using the same stock image of this item?
● Is the item deformed looking?
● Is the seller located in China or Hong Kong?
Keep in mind not all bootlegs match everything in this checklist, and not every seller in China or Hong Kong is selling bootlegs. Many bootleg stores advertise their location as being the US, Australia etc., and some bootlegs do not look deformed in their stock image.
The sellers with the "12 Inch" plush are all bootleggers! Most patterns are copies of official plush, or stolen from custom artists and their customers, who were in some cases, from PKMNcollectors. Any post inquiring in any way about the "12 inch" plush will be deleted without warning, no matter how "cool and original" they may seem.
What are Mirage Plush? How do I tell them apart from bootlegs?
● They are old (so far nothing beyond Gen II has been found), made at least a decade ago.
● They were not mass-produced (very few have ever been seen).
● They have unknown origins (probably unlicensed), but are company-made, with limited-info tush tag or none at all, and created by small/independent companies.
● They are created from a 100% unique pattern (not a reject or a copy of an existing product).
Bootlegs, in comparison:
● Are made of toys from any time period, and the most rampant are often copied from new items.
● Are a mass-produced copies and/or mass produced "factory rejects" (unlike a factory error item, which would be rare, factory rejects which are usually missing body parts are for some reason found in the thousands).
● They come from proven bootleggers. This can be proven easily by checking the seller's other items for sale, which will often be other mass produced copies and fakes of official products.
● They are copies and fakes of official products, not unique patterns or designs, and occasionally copies of custom artist's works.
[ Link to Special Notices ]
About PKMNcollectors feedback
About neutral and negative feedback
● The item's packaging (on part of the seller, not the post office) or condition (as compared to how it was described) is questionable. Always talk to the seller about these situations before leaving a feedback.
● The seller/buyer's behavior was questionable, uncomfortable, impolite or annoying.
● The seller/buyer backed out of the deal at a very late stage (best determined on case by case basis).
● More than three months passed before you received your item or payment (custom items usually excluded).
● The seller/buyer was extremely rude, pestering, lying, manipulating, etc.
About joining the community and membership requests
We ask that anyone who wishes to join this community comment here with their short introduction. Comments will be screened automatically for privacy, and this will afford us one preventative measure against those attempting to ban-hop. It is very, very rare for anyone to be banned from the community, and those who have been banned must rejoin through the proper channels (by contacting the moderators and fixing whatever resulted in the banning to begin with) rather than simply assume a new identity.
About customs and artwork
Custom artists with sales permission may only post about their custom work twice a month unless you are hosting an auction for a commission slot or a finished item, in which case you may post once advertising the auction and again as a reminder, for a total of four (4) custom posts a month. Mixing your customs posts with your regular posts is not a loophole to get around this rule.
Custom artists without sales permission are only permitted to post about custom work that is part of your collection. Do not make "Look what I made!" posts to gauge interest in your products. You are not permitted to link to your deviantART, Etsy, plush shop etc unless you have sales permission.
About price checks
● Do not post asking for "someone in Japan" to do special favors or store runs for you. Members who are in Japan are not there for your convenience and not everyone enjoys doing free errands for random people. If a member in Japan is willing to sell Pokemon goods, or has permission to do a store run, they will post about it.
● You are allowed to make a post requesting a middleman from a country that isn't Japan, as there are no deputies available or fees involved. These posts must be deleted once a middleman has been found.
About current stock at Epcot/Nintendo World posts
Nintendo World: (646) 459-0800
Mitsukoshi (Epcot): (407) 827-8513
About automatic auction extensions
Example: Pikachu is bidding on an item that ends at 10:00 PM. He places a bid at 9:56PM, meaning the auto snipe rule is in place. That means the auction will end at 10:05PM unless another bid is placed.
Swablu comes in and places another bid at 10:01PM, so the auction gets extended again to 10:06PM.
About Japan pick-ups
About store runs/pick-ups
To do a pickup in your area, you do not need to obtain special permission beyond sales permission.
To do a pickup while on vacation but still in your own country, please contact areica96 via email, blur.inferno[@]gmail.com to obtain permission.
● Pickups while on vacation are limited to the amount of items that can comfortably be taken home.
To do a pickup while on vacation/temporarily staying in a foreign country, please contact areica96 via email, blur.inferno[@]gmail.com to obtain permission.
● Include information such as the length of your stay and method of travel.
● How do you plan to calculate postage? Please include an example shipping quote for an example order.
● Have you located a post office and place to purchase packaging supplies?
If a pickup while abroad is approved, a maximum of ten slots (ten customers) may be taken. If the stay is long term and the first pickup receives good feedback and goes smoothly, approval to increase number of slots can be obtained. Permission to do a pickup abroad must be received for each new pickup. If the stay abroad is a year+, a more permanent pickup permission can be discussed after the first three successful pickups.
* The reason for this is that many vacations do not last beyond 2-3 weeks, and based on past experiences we no longer feel it is a good idea to allow pickups to be done within a week or two of having landed in a foreign country. Many have also voiced that while they expected a pickup would be a fun experience during their vacation, it ended up being very hard work that took up most of their time abroad, and in a few cases the pickup was not completed for months/years due to confusion and lack of time.
● You may take payment as you choose (before, after, or in 2 parts), but no matter how payment is taken: The 35 day rule still applies. That means you cannot begin accepting money for an item that is not coming out for many months! The items must be coming out within three weeks of when you take payments.
● Please do not try to maintain more than two ACTIVE store run/pick ups at one time. Note that this only applies to pickups actively collecting money at the time. The limitation does not apply to letting people claim slots months ahead of time with no money being collected yet.
● Special permission for whatever reason to take deposits or payments beyond a month early must be acquired before attempting it. Please contact areica96 to obtain special permission. This is an extremely rare circumstance and certain agreements must be made and adhered to. This permission will be lost if the agreement is broken or abused.
[ Link to Tutorials ]
Please click here for tutorials on how to use LiveJournal, identifying and avoiding bootlegs, guides on how to use middleman services, caring for your collection, Paypal disputes, guides to buying and selling on the community, and more. Here are links to some of our most helpful guides:
●◎ New Member's Guide to PKMNCollectors
●◎ How do to LJ cuts!
●◎ Noppin Tutorial!
●◎ SMJ Tutorial!
●◎ Price Check Guide!
●◎ Y!J Searching Tutorial!
●◎ What is a "Mirage Plush"?
[ Link to Official Community Tags ]
Anyone can add missing tags from any member's post by clicking this button in a post! Please do!
Tags for Pokemon Merchandise
info - for info and news on upcoming and new merchandise
plush - for all other plush posts
figures - for anything that is a figure
charms - for about metal charms
cards - for TCG and other card related things
games - for game or DS related merchandise (please note game strategy or game discussion in general is off topic)
people - for posts focusing on the human characters of the Pokemon franchise
books - for manga, doujinshi, or other bound items
stamps - for posts containing any kind of stamps
settei - for posts about settei and official Pokemon production art
zukan - for posts focusing on 1/40 scale zukan figures
kids - for posts focusing on Pokemon kids
metal figures - for posts about metal figures
custom - for any custom Pokemon plush, artwork, sculpture, commissions etc
mpc - for posts focusing on the My Pokemon Collection plush line
pokedolls - for posts with Pokedolls and/or Pokedoll related merchandise, info etc
canvas - for posts featuring the Pokemon Center canvas plush line
mirage plush - or any post pertaining to the mysteries of the mirage plushies
bell plush - for posts focusing on the bell plush series
jakks - for posts with toys and goods by American company Jakks Pacific
tomy - for posts with toys and goods by Japanese company Takara Tomy
pokecen - for posts with toys and goods by the Pokemon Center
banpresto - for posts with toys and goods by the Japanese UFO catcher company Banpresto
ensky - for posts with toys and goods by Ensky, including keshipoke, retsuden stamps, amada stickers etc...
toy factory - for posts about Toy Factory plush
Tags for the Community
modpost - use this tag to search for posts by moderators
collection - for when you post your collection photos and updates
sales - for your sales and pick ups posts
auctions - for your personal auctions you are running on the community, eBay etc
trading - for posts about trading items with other members
group auction - for Group Auctions
group buy - for Group Buys
payments - to help find posts about payments and totals
wanted - for your wanted list or posts about items you are searching for
contest - this tag will be used when there is a contest going or as a way to archive past contest entries)
introductions - for your introduction/first post
events - for community activities and events that promote interaction between members, including memes, surveys, gift exchanges, meet-ups, official Pokemon tours, livestreaming, etc...
gen5 - Used for posts about Gen V before we knew the English names. Don't use it anymore!
gen6 - Used for posts about Gen VI before we knew the English names. Don't use it anymore!