We'll start off with the gets and card pulls! After seeing everyone do live streams and so on, I figured I'd take the plunge and get a box. The other day my husband and I picked up a couple of packs from a toy store. He bought 1 on the condition I got the cards but he got to open it, and I bought 2. I pulled nooothing from it ;-; but he got the Mega Venusaur EX card :O :O So I was pretty happy with him, it felt like a good start! Then this morning this arrived:
SO EXCITING. I've opened 3 whole packs before in my life before now, so the prospect of an entire box to open up all to myself was awesome! Husband got his paws on a few packs too of course:
Noodle only really cared about the box. He didn't understand my excitement for such a tiny box when there was a glorious box of scrunchy things right here! Prime face rubbing.
ALL OF MY BEAUTIFUL PACKS READY FOR OPENING! <3
So I'm pulling away and aware that generally there's 1-2 EX per box from what I've read. I pulled... wait for it... 5!! ex cards! I took pictures as I went along :D
I squealed so loudly at Xerneas! This was one I wanted so so sooooo badly! As with Blastoise, between the two I was already happy with the box, but an extra Mega Venusaur, a Skarmory EX and then bam, this in one pack:
Wooooooo more Xerneas! :D I'm actually selling the Yeveltal but we'll get to that later.
Noodle doesn't like it when I squeal and bounce on the couch excitedly. It makes him lose balance on his cushion and then he touches the blue blanket. He hates that blanket.
So here is my final haul :
Pretty darn AWESOME :D I'm so so glad I did this, I got a lot of the really valuable cards I wanted, including this bad boy:
I'll definitely look at getting a booster box again when the next bit of the set comes out :D I'm not sure it's worth doing more than 1 per set though.. We'll see! :)
And sales news!
I've been fervently taking photos of all of my TCG to create a webstore to hopefully make life a bit easier. I've not finished listing everything yet but I'm a far way through now and have included *lots* of X/Y stuff from my box. And so I present to you *drum rolls*
Pokémon Plaza! :D
Right now for some bizarre reason the search function directly on that site won't work D: But the search on the main site brings up results from my page, so I'm guessing maybe it just takes a while for everything to filter through?
I've taken down my main sales page but I *am* happy and willing to haggle/do deals via pkmncollectors directly, it just makes my life a bit easier to have it all on there :) I'll be periodically posting reminds to my site on here so you can comment in any of those posts. I'll be updating it *super* regularly for a while as not everything is up yet, but there's around 300 cards up so far including X/Y stuff, EXs and a Mega Venusaur EX.
I'd also really appreciate any input you might have in general regarding the layout, pricing etc as I've just put this together myself without much experience :) So if anything seems off to you please let me know! :D
Thanks for your time guys and I hope you enjoyed my first little play-by-play gets post! I'll be doing another in a week or so for plushes as I've still got some on their way.
- Sales permission granted by entirelycliched 18 Jan 2014
- You can find my feedback here
- Contacting me via PM unless requested Is Not Okay. Same goes for editing/deleting comments or changing your mind after committing. If you're suddenly having issues, let me know. I'm a reasonable person :)
- If you ask for a quote, please commit within 48 hours or the item will be passed to the next buyer.
- I have a kittycat. He doesn't touch my 'monz, he knows better, but that does mean that pet hair and allergens are in my house so if you're strongly allergic it's likely better to not purchase anything here, sorry!
- Items come from a smoke free home.
- I may consider trades for specific TCG I'm looking for, or Dragonite/Leafeon/canvas line plushies.
- I'm new to this, so if you find my prices a bit off let me know :)
- Prices are in USD and do not include shipping or Paypal fees.
- Paypal only.
- Haggling is fine! But please don't be offended if we can't come to an agreement.
- Payment expected within 24hours of committing unless we've agreed otherwise.
- I will hold for 48 hours on request. If you'd like me to hold for longer, just ask! If it's going to be for more than 3 days or so then ideally I'd like a small deposit to hold the item. I get that payday and finding the shiny you want don't always line up :)
- Shipping for up to 25 cards is $4 + fees.
- I will ship internationally, though from Ireland this can get expensive, it depends on the size of the package as there's a HUGE jump between standard mail package and a parcel. Tracking can be provided but An Post seems to only do it up until it leaves Ireland, so generally it seems a bit pointless :(
- I can be a slow shipper. Potentially anything from 2 days to a week or so. I don't have direct access to a car and the post office is a pain to get to, so I rely on husband to do it for me.
- I try to re-use shipping materials to keep costs down but this won't always be possible. Please keep that in mind as it may cause an extra couple of dollars to be on the shipping quote if I have to pick up new stuff.
- I am not responsible for the item after it leaves my paws at the post office.