AFTER ONE YEAR OF SEARCHING.
He's finally here. The grail of all grails.
O -- M -- G
Seriously... I can't even .__. MY FAVORITE POKEDOLL AND ONE OF MY FAVORITE POKEMON EVER
This was honestly the grail of my life! And he was a pain in the ass to get, seriously. ;_; Hear this AMAZING story...
I began searching for this little bird last year in November, and he soon became the number one top want on my wants list. I tried to get him several times, but always failed.
1) Last year around Christmas, one showed up but I missed out on him because I was at my parent's.
2) One popped up on Yahoo Japan for an insane amount of money, and of course, no one bought him. So I waited until the seller decreased the price. Once the price was at 140 dollars I hoped he would go further down, but someone else got Natu before me.
3) In May, another one popped up on ebay, and this was finally a realistic chance for me to get one! I bid all I could, and thought I'd finally get my grail until the very last few seconds, but... I was sniped in the end. ò_ó (I curse you, whoever has done this because it was really mean)
4) Only a few days later of this, another one showed up in a group auction on the community. Unfortunately, I couldn't get him there either because I was outbid.
5) After this, I found an amazing deal, which, unfortunately, didn't work out. It's not anyone's fault though and I didn't really expect it to really work out in the first place.
6) After another time of waiting and waiting, I finally decided to take things in my own hands! So I browsed old community posts and wrote pms to older members who had Natus, asking them if they'd be open to the thought of selling it. And you won't believe me, I finally found someone! It was the wondeful community member kasai_kitsune! And I thought I couldn't be luckier when she even asked for a partial art trade!!!
I was just like...
Seriously, what??!! I couldn't even believe my luck! This is simply AMAZING! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE! <33 kasai_kitsune was so insanely nice and sweet throughout the whole transaction.
So when I came home from Christmas at my parents', a package was sitting in front of my door and I totally freaked out! :'D
kasai_kitsune even included that sweet note in the package:
Now, look at some photos I took in daylight... he is the cutes thing ever!
My baby ^_____^ I am seriously the happiest person in the world right now. :'D
JUST. LOOK. CUTENESS OVERLOAD.
When Natu arrived, at first, Xatu approached and was a little bit confused!
But then, little Natu hopped out of his wings and approached Natu in a friendly manner ^_^
They quickly became friends!
Here is my whole Natu family now. :>
And what's this Natu in front you ask?
This is an amazing custom figure my boyfriend made me for Christmas! <3 It's a Natu holding a heart. *__* How sweet is this. :x He has a few paint marks on him because my boyfriend never made a figure before, but he's so cute and amazing nevertheless!
When Natu came, it had also snowed outside.
Natu couldn't believe he waited in his tiny little package while it snowed outside! :o
But this is not everything I have to tell you. There is something even more amazing:
When Natu arrived, I had a look at his tush tag, and I was really confused about it. It showed the date 2002 on it. o___o
Weird, right? Isn't Natu just a 2006 US release?
I researched a bit, and found out something really amazing which I think not many know about! Maybe some of you have heard of the super early 2002 American Pokedoll releases which just have a single flat piece of paper as a tush tag. There are for example Phanpy, Corsola, and as far as I know, also Clefairy.
You can see Phanpy in this post: http://pkmncollectors.livejournal.com/10828226.html
Now, it turns out that there are also 2002 Japanese Pokedoll releases!
I found out because of these posts showing a 2002 Japanese Umbreon Pokedoll:
Many said they were bootlegs but they are wrong! Someone found a link in an old Nintendo magazine indeed showing these 2002 Japanese Pokedoll releases, including Umbreon, Espeon, Togepi and Magikarp:
Apparently, all of these Pokedolls have these super weird tush tags that don't have a serial number on them.
Luckily, I talked to areica96 who has that exact same 2002 Natu with a paper hang tag (the red Pikachu tag)! I compared their tush tags and they look exactly the same. So it turns out I am now the parent of a super rare 2002 JAPANESE Natu Pokedoll! Oh my f... god. xD This is simply amazing! I didn't even know about this until that very day my Natu arrived at my home.
So, ladies and gentlemen, I guess you all have to revise your Pokedoll knowledge! I hope this helps someone who was worried because of some of their Pokedolls. You might hold something super amazing in your hands. :) One of the very first Pokedolls released after the plush plush series!
Thanks for reading and watching. :)
Natu and I say goodbye for today and wish you an amazing day/evening/night wherever you live :)