i apologise if this particular post isn't okay...i thought it might be okay, since it wasn't going to an ebay auction or anything. anyhoo!TONIGHT
the speedgamers are auctioning off two figures by Meeellla! TF2 Marill and Earthbound Gengar!
that's 7pm EST, midnight GMT, etc etc... check here
for your time zone conversion!
THE ITEMS HAVE BEEN SOLD!
and the bidwar for marill was nothing short of mind boggling. holy cow. if you didn't see it you MAJORLY missed out! Here's How the Auction Works
- The timer is set for a given time (usually 5-10 minutes or so) for someone to donate. Then they're given a couple of minutes for the donations/comments to process. Chipin sometimes takes a bit to update.
- You donate a given amount for the item and leave in the comment that you're donating for that.
- If someone else donates more than you, they're the current winner.
- Your donations stack, so if you donate $5, and someone donates $10, you can make another donation for $6 and it will add to previous one for $11.
- Every time someone tops another bidder, the timer is reset.
- Even if you lose, ALL YOUR DONATIONS STILL GO TO THE CHARITY. This is crucial. You won't get your money back if you lose, so be ready to go big or go home.
- Things may seem kind of hectic and disorganized usually, but Britt himself keeps close tabs on the auctions. He runs it himself, so if little problems arise he can resort to unconventional methods to make sure everything's accurate. For example, last year ProtonJon texted Britt when his donations weren't updating in time. We know how important and big these are, so we're really on the ball. We don't do stunts or anything (other than play) while these are going on. IF YOUR BID DOESN'T SEEM TO GO THROUGH, USE THE CHAT TO ALERT THEM! or email firstname.lastname@example.org OR tweet them (@thespeedgamers).
- If people want to pool their money or something, every individual person who donates HAS to state that their money goes towards one person's bid. (ie, i donate and in my comment say say "this is for denkimouse's bid!")
the zelda treecko and mass effect croagunk will be auctioned on wednesday!
in it to win it? head to the site!