Everyone gather around and pull up your chairs for some...
★ Sales Posts:
All of these rules should sound familiar - if not, please (re)familiarize yourself with our community rules and guidelines
. It's been a while since we've had a rules reminder and we could all use a refresher.
(None of these reminders are directed at any one person - these are problems we've consistently noted recently and a reminder modpost has been long overdue. Don't fret, if you think this post is "because of you" that's not true!)
You may only update the community with your sales if you have made major
changes to your stock or pricing. Adding a few new items does not warrant a new advertisement - "sales reminder" posts are not allowed. As always, a TEXT sales link on the bottom of your other posts is perfectly fine, but we should not be seeing the same sales banner or photos every other day.★ Wants Posts:
There's nothing wrong with posting your wants! Please space out your posts however - we recommend least a week between wants posts. Additionally, you should be making wants posts only if:
- You have the funds to purchase what you are looking for
- You have already checked eBay and recent sales posts (using the sales tag)
- You don't have any outstanding transactions with other sellers
Furthermore, be reasonable with the prices you are willing to pay for your wants! If members have commented with price adjustment suggestions, please take their advice to heart. You will be warned if you have a habit of making wants posts only to excessively lowball sellers.★ Off Topic Posts:
We are a COLLECTING community for Pokemon MERCHANDISE - if your post is not related to collecting Pokemon merchandise, it is off topic and will be deleted with or without notice.
★ Picture Requirements:
- Please also refrain from posting personal details or posts not really relevant to a community setting. When in doubt, ask yourself if a thousand+ people need to see your post.
- Additionally, there have been many posts lately asking questions that are either answered in the rules or better addressed to a mod. If you are thinking of posting solely to ask a question, triple check the rules and consider asking a mod first. (That said, please don't contact multiple mods hoping to get different answers! One mod will do.)
This is one of the easiest rules to comply with yet it is broken rather frequently. Pictures outside an LJ cut are allowed to be 500px wide
and 600px tall
- this is a total
amount, so you can post one 500x600 picture, or two 500x300 pictures, or three 500x200, etc. We won't be sitting here with a ruler measuring all your pictures but it's very obvious when this rule isn't being complied with. Just put your pictures under a cut, we hate having to delete otherwise awesome posts because of picture problems!★ Sniping Rule:
We have seen many deviations from the community-wide "5 minute sniping rule
" lately. If a bid is placed within 5 minutes of the auction's end time, the end time will extend for an extra 5 minutes and will continue to extend until a full 5 minutes have passed with no bids. This rule must be followed in all
auctions hosted or advertised on the community. This should be fairly straightforward, but please ask for a clarification if you do not fully understand.
There are also some common posts/"bandwagons" we'd like to quickly address:☆ "Is This a Bootleg?" Posts:
The latest trend seems to be asking if XYZ item is a bootie or not. We have a handful of excellent tutorials
about identifying bootlegs, please utilize these resources instead of posting to the community unless it involves an exceptional circumstance.☆ "Inactive" Sales Posts:
Another trend we'd like to nip in the bud is posting sales and then disappearing. "I'll be back in a few hours" or "I'll reply in the morning" at the end of new sales posts is becoming quite common and is rather silly - these sales end up sitting "inactive" and cluttering the front page. Obviously if you have to go you have to go, and if your sales are getting 100+ comments you need to take a break at some point, but it shouldn't become a habit.
- We know making a sales post is time consuming! We recommend making the sales post in your private journal, taking a break from LJ, and then copy/pasting the entire post to the community when you have the time to reply :)
- This also applies to other posts (such as wants) but we've seen it most often with sales.
- This is not a new rule, just something we've noticed lately and would like to keep to a minimum.
I would also like to finally announce the new Poke Plush Project
team - tyltalis
, and emurii
!! I was floored by the amount of people passionately wanting to help and it was incredibly difficult to narrow down. I hope that everyone who is eager to help will contribute through email submissions, regardless if they are staff or not. Anyone can be involved with PPP and you will all be recognized for your work :)
(On a final note, thank you to everyone for being patient during my "semi-hiatus" over the past couple of months - I'm very happy to finally resume normal LJ activity.)If you have ANY questions or concerns, or ANYTHING you'd like to see in the future, please please please comment here or contact a mod in private if you'd prefer. We strive to keep the lines of communication open and members' concerns, complaints, or suggestions are never a bother. We're here for you guys!
Thanks all and happy collecting! ♥