Apologies for my several-month-long hiatus! As many noticed, the mods basically had many life-changing events come up at once, so we were severely short-staffed for a while and are trying to get back into a rhythm now. Thank you so much to everyone who's been doing their part to keep the community running smoothly!
Before diving in to the typical reminders/clarifications, I'm going to address what has been of chief concern to many members:✰Sales permission✰
● All applicants since June have been waiting far too long.
We know this, and we are very
sorry. Only certain mods handle sales permission at the moment while others are still gaining experience and such, so this delay was a result of the aforementioned life events, not
a lack of caring. If you still would like to make snarky comments about wait times after being approved, consider doing so here or in the Report a Problem
thread to avoid unnecessary negativity in your first sales posts since most buyers will have had nothing to do with it.
● I processed about a page of applications the other day and will knock out more in the next 1-2 days.
They need a little bit of space not to be irritating, but because an influx of that
many sales posts would make buyers' eyes glaze over at the sheer quantity and likely result in fewer transactions.
● For the sake of transparency, here's the short version of how sales permission applications are processed:
1) Upon the application submission, mods check to make sure minimum requirements are met (participation and/or feedback). If they are not, the application will not be considered for the next couple of months, as discussed here
2) If the requirements are met, the applicant's posts/demeanor/transactions/etc. are observed for the next 2-4 weeks. This is to make sure the person doesn't drink any Mr. Hyde potion after completing the application.
3) The mod then will read through all feedback to make sure there are no off-community "bought from" or "traded with" transactions (SEE BELOW) that the applicant is trying to use toward sales permission. Then, posts will be skimmed to ensure the applicant has a general sense of community etiquette.
4) Then approval is given, or a request to reapply later with an explanation. ✰Feedback✰
● Community feedback is only for transactions that occur within the community.
This means that if you trade before you have 10 community feedback or you sell before you have sales permission through private messages or what have you, it does not count toward your community feedback.
It is purely an off-community transaction, and literally all it does is create more work because then we have to login to the feedback admin and delete it.
Previously, illegitimate feedback was ignored during the sales application process, but it's become pretty rampant as of late. As of today, any sales permission applicants with feedback for private transactions on the pkmncollectors feedback site will experience delays with approval.
This is because I am now going to make sure to delete said feedback before sales permission is granted, and I'm not going to break away to do that ASAP when I'm in application-processing mode. Feedback deleting is strictly for feedback-deleting mode.
If you accidentally leave/receive feedback for an off-community transaction, let us know ASAP in the Report a Problem
before it holds anything up.
● EDIT: Leave feedback if someone asks you to!
Particularly if a buyer or GA participant is asking for feedback, s/he is likely trying to build their reputation/apply for sales permission. If you very easily got everyone to leave you feedback to help you with sales permission, share the joy! If it was difficult for you, vow to be a good feedback-leaver despite those before you who could not do the same! Either way, please be courteous.
If a buyer/GA participant was less than stellar but you do not want to leave a neutral for whatever reason, tell them you don't feel comfortable leaving feedback for that transaction because they're new/still learning/etc. and give advice on improvements.✰Japan-based middlemen✰
● It is against the rules to ask community members in Japan to do favors for you.
This includes making store runs, getting you stuff from the grocery store, getting you stuff from 7-11, performing as a deputy service, ETC. ETC. There are no exceptions to this. Those who wish to perform these services (and it is a service, so expect to pay a commission) will advertise of their own accord.✰Paypal disputes✰
● Did you send anyone money on or before August 17 and are still waiting on the merchandise?
Ask them where your stuff is, and if you do not receive tracking info or the item within the next few days, open a paypal dispute.
● Escalate your paypal dispute to a claim within those 10 days that paypal affords you if you still have not received the item.
● Never close your dispute/claim until you receive the item/tracking information!
There are no exceptions to this, at all, ever.
● In cases where a GA host/seller has something awful happen and they need more time, s/he must issue out temporary refunds!
This involves refunding everyone's money, little by little, over the course of a few days and having everyone re-send payment as a new transaction immediately. This prevents the host/seller from being stuck with a ton of disputes when s/he still plans on following through and
protects the buyer's finances. Talk to a mod before doing this.✰Use the Report a Problem thread✰
● Please let us know at the start of when you notice an issue arising so we can do more to prevent it from escalating/find agreeable solutions for everyone. For example, by the time we receive reports about GA hosts disappearing, it's usually after the dispute limit for the first (and most expensive) payment has already elapsed. :(
● Avoid arguing with fellow community members!
There is no reason for this. These are people who share your hobby, who can help you find grails, who can help you host awesome group auctions. Don't cause yourself unnecessary upset by engaging someone if s/he says something to offend you. Instead, report it
. Respectful, on-topic debate is never discouraged, but please try to step away and let us know instead at the point where anything is starting to feel insulting. ♦ ♦ ♦
That's enough text for today! As always, feel free to comment below with any comments/questions/concerns you may have, or with anything you'd like to see addressed in the next modpost.
One thing we are excited to announce is the upcoming acknowledgement of our community's Top 10 Monthly Commentators, so stay tuned! Or whatever the internet version of staying tuned is.