We're back with another modpost, including rule reminders, upcoming contests and surveys! These posts are here to remind members, new and old, of some of the most commonly broken rules on our community and to give everyone a quick refresher on some of the more niche rules as well. As always you're more than welcome to discuss these rules in the comments. Group Auction / Group Buy Hosting
- Only those who have trade or sales permission are allowed to host GAs and GBs, if you are the one handling payments then you must
have sales permission. In order to do claims, spreadsheets and threads you must have at least trade status, which is 10 positive feedback on the community.'Look What I Made'
- These posts are not allowed unless the item you made is part of your collection or is up for auction/sale (in that case sales permission in required). Unless you are showing off a piece you made in your collection (as in immersed in your collection), these posts are better suited for the Poke_Arts
community. Your post can not be solely about an item you made for yourself, we ask you to please add it onto a collection update/gets post instead. Japan Pick-ups
- At this time we are no longer allowing any more Japan pick-ups from new sellers who are temporarily staying in Japan. Unless you are permanently relocating to Japan or have the option to pick-up from a place that our current pick-up'ers can not get to (for example airport pick-ups) then the mod team is going to deny your pick-up request. This does not mean you can't sell items from your Japan trips, we highly encourage that, however there are multiple sources for getting Pokemon goods from Japan and at this time we do not feel the need for more pick-ups from people who are simply staying for a few weeks or months as pick-ups create a lot of unneeded stress and time. Sniping Rule Reminder
- We know sniping can be frustrating so this is just a little reminder that the community has an anti-sniping rule in place. If a bid is placed within the last 5 minutes
of an auction, the auction will auto extend another 5 minutes from the bid time until no bid is placed. This is to ensure if you are watching the auction you can not be sniped.
Pikachu is bidding on an item that ends at 10:00 PM
. He places a bid at 9:56PM, meaning the auto snipe rule is in place. That means the auction will end at 10:05PM unless another bid is placed.
Swablu comes in and places another bid at 10:01, so the auction gets extended again to 10:06.
If you are worried about not being there when an auction ends, place your max bid.Private Message Transactions
- Please remember that the modteam has no control over sales that do not occur on the community, specifically ones via private message or sales on journals that do not have sales permission. Giveaway Links
- Linking to off community giveaways via referral links is not accepted and you will be asked to take the link out of your post.Random Bans
- We've had reports from two users so far of randomly being banned from the community without any contact from the moderators. If this has happened to you, please
contact one of the mods asap. LJ for some reason has a bug up its butt and we don't know why! Upcoming Contest
- The modteam have a few contests planned in the upcoming months to keep up with the summer fun! Here's a hint to the first one coming up, featuring a prize from Sunyshore Pokemart!you see it everyday when you open up the community homepage! (and it's been 3 years since our last one?)SURVEY TIME!
We also have two surveys for you guys to fill out. These responses are anonymous so feel free to leave your full thoughts and opinions. The whole modteam will be going over each response carefully to better improve our community so please answer truthfully! Trust me we can take it (except me, I'll cry like a baby).Pkmncollectors 2015 Summer SurveyPkmncollectors Spring Secret Swap Survey
Dory is the coolest person ever except for Areica, she's cooler