I've fantastic news for you all regarding my custom sculpture commission slots! A lot of good news actually (and one little piece of bad news >.<)! =P
First things first, let's get the big one out of the way! Thanks to all of your help with my surveys and your support both as customers and admirers, my plan to turn my sculpting hobby into a business has been SUCCESSFUL! My business is now known as "Medusa Sculpts" and you can find me under this name on Facebook if you'd like to give the page a like for any reason! =D So, this means within the next week or so, I'll receive a loan to expand my arsenal of tools, equipment and even offer the option for you guys to watch the sculptures be created live on Twitch stream! =D *giddydance!!*
Subsequently, to make my business more streamline, easy to manage and accessible for EVERYONE, I've updated my pricing and given you guys more options to choose from! (My price list is all in GBP at the moment to keep things simple for me but I'm in the process of asking a moderator if this is fine! If not, It'll be converted to USD.)
Now...the bad news...=( Sorry about this in advance guys! As much as I have thoroughly enjoyed it, in the interest of my business and in order to be able to keep up with my loan repayments when they inevitably come around, I'll no longer be taking partial or full trades for my artwork as of this post. The only exception to this is if I have already agreed to trade with you prior to this post or if you are offering one or all of my holy grails, The 3 Shiny Legendary Dog Pokédolls. To avoid any confusion, this applies to clicky797, eeveeboo_2 & chain, if you are still happy enough to consider trading at any point. After we've completed our discussed trades however, trades will be closed and only open to the exception stated. Again, sorry for any inconvenience caused and I hope that in the future, I'll be in a financially stable enough position to offer this option for you all again!
So! *cracks knuckles* LETS DO THIS!
-Sales permission granted by areica96 on March 21, 2015.
-My Feedback is HERE!
-ALL Standard PKMNCollectors rules apply.
-I will not sell or trade with any banned members, non PKMNCollectors members or members who I deem to have too much negative feedback.
- I accept only PayPal payments at this time though Paypal payments can be made without registration and be sent using credit or debit cards.
- Prices stated do NOT include shipping prices or any potential PayPal fees. Shipping prices will be calculated upon completion of the sculpture and all payment installments made are subject to added Paypal fees (For UK customers, this is charged at 3.4% of the total amount being paid +£0.20 whilst International customers are charged at 3.9% + £0.20 of the total amount being paid.)
- I ship from England, UK and will ship internationally.
- Payments for all items are required to be sent within 48 hours of receiving an invoice via Paypal unless a prior payment plan or agreement is made. Payment plans are readily available and flexible but are only available upon inquiry.
- Purchases will be sent using Royal Mail and packaged with recycled materials where possible.
- Shipment will occur only once payment for the sculpture in it’s entirety & shipping has been received in full.
- I am not responsible for items once they have left my hands and keep all receipts of shipment and can provide on request. I will only send custom sculptures via Royal Mail Special Delivery for UK buyers and Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed for International buyers. For the sculpture’s safety, I will not ship using cheaper or slower methods of shipping but can ship with expedited methods of shipping if required (Couriers, etc.) Please note expedited shipping methods are costly and these charges will be the customer’s responsibility as with the standard shipping options.
- I am usually a fast shipper and live nearby a Post Office branch. I try to ship all items within the first week of receiving full payment but if any delays occur, buyers will be notified promptly.
- Payments are non-refundable unless the commission is cancelled by Medusa Sculpts.
Commission Rules & Information:
- A £65 non-refundable deposit is required to be payed upfront on all commission slots. This money goes directly into buying the supplies needed for your sculpt and offers me a safety net should a commission unfortunately fall through from the buyer's end. The £65 deposit will be made payable once we have discussed the nature of the sculpture at length which will allow me to determine the supplies needed. As such, no work will start on the sculpture until this deposit is payed.
- I will do my very best to have the sculpture completed in a timely manner though please be reasonable when taking into consideration how long it may take to finish. Supplies may take upwards of 1-2 weeks to be delivered to me from the date the deposit is paid and delays that are out of my hands may occur during this stage such as wrong items being received and needing returned or stock issues with my suppliers. In addition, it may take upwards of 2 weeks for me to finish the sculpture itself so a month's wait for a commission is entirely possible. You will be fully informed during the entire sculpting process so you will be swiftly notified in the case of any delays.
- I reserve the right to refuse a commission put to me for any reason. I will not sculpt anything that I feel I would not be able to do to the best of my abilities, that is far too complicated, that is explicit or offensive in any way or anything that I deem as being so fragile that it would not survive the shipping process. I also will not sculpt reproductions of any bespoke pieces in my gallery or reproductions of another artist’s work.
- I aim to provide step-by-step process photos for all stages of the sculpture. First, I will discuss the sculpture's idea with you by providing various rough sketches to portray various poses and designs to choose from based on your ideas. Once that is decided, I will begin work on the wire armature (or wood sketch if opting for a wall plaque sculpt) which I will submit for your approval. Any changes you wish to make to the pose of your sculpture must be made during the wire armature portion of the sculpting process. Please be fully aware that I am unable to make any pose changes after this point. The sculpture will then be roughly blocked out with clay to give you an idea of proportions and muscle tone. Once that is approved the sculpture will be refined into it's finished look and sent in for approval one last time before baking. Once the sculpture is baked I am unable to make any changes to the sculpture whatsoever so please be certain you are content with the final look of your commission before giving me approval to bake. Once baked, sanding, priming and general finishing will occur. Once that's done, you can look forward to seeing your final painted and finished sculpture.
- Due to the fragile nature of the item being made on offer, I am not responsible for any unfortunate breakages that may occur during shipment but I will do my utmost to protect the sculpture by packing carefully with the sculpture’s protection in mind.
-All packages are insured to their full value and marked as such on customs forms in the case of international parcels. I do not mark parcels as “Gifts”. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check with your country’s customs office to determine any sort of import fees or taxes that may be incurred upon your parcel’s arrival into the country. I am not responsible for any delays the parcel’s delivery may encounter whilst being handled in the customs offices.
- I work in a smoke and pet free home, though if you have any other allergy concerns, I strongly encourage you to inquire prior to applying for a commission slot.
-Progress photos are for the customer’s private use only and are not intended to be shared publicly in any form by the customer. Medusa Sculpts reserves to right to publicly share these images. Images of the finished sculpture are permitted to be shared under the agreement that the image will not be modified in any way and the customer will not claim credit for the work done on the sculpture. I claim no rights to characters or personas represented in the custom sculpture work. I reserve the right to use any sculpture in my portfolio, website and promotional material.
- Commissioned sculptures under any circumstances must not be sold for monetary profit once they reach your hands. If for any reason you are forced to part ways with your sculpture, it must be priced under or at what you originally payed for it. The only exception to this rule is if you are putting the sculpture up for auction and the bidding goes over the price you payed as this is out of your hands and at the discretion of the bidder. Anybody caught breaking this rule will be permanently banned from my commission slot openings. The commission slots offered are for private commission work only and the sculptures offered are for personal, ornamental use only. If you are interested in a piece for reproduction, commercial rates can be discussed at the discretion of Medusa Sculpts.
somewhere in your commission application. No commission application will be accepted until I am satisfied the terms and conditions are fully understood.
The pricing structure of the bespoke sculptures currently stands at:
£65 Non-Refundable Deposit on all orders (to cover material costs should a buyer back out of a sale)
Small Sculptures 4-6 Inches, Choice of pose (sitting, lying down, standing, walking, dynamic etc.) with fully sculpted environment on a hardwood base -
£40 for a stylized figure (+£65 deposit up front) = £105 total
£100 for a detailed figure (+£65 deposit up front) = £165 total
Standard Sculptures 7-9 Inches, Choice of pose (sitting, lying down, standing, walking, dynamic etc.) with fully sculpted environment on a hardwood base -
£125 for a stylized figure (+£65 deposit up front) = £190 total
£175 for a detailed figure (+£65 deposit up front) = £240 total
Large Sculptures 10 Inches and up, Choice of pose (sitting, lying down, standing, walking, dynamic etc.) with fully sculpted environment on a hardwood base, highest detail level –
Prices start at £210 (+£65 deposit up front) = £275 total and increase according the sculpture size & complexity. Quote required.
If your sculpture concept doesn’t fall into any of the above categories (i.e you would like a small charm, magnet etc, contact me and I will give you a separate quote.
End shipping price is determined by the packaged weight of the finished sculpture and varies from sculpture to sculpture.
Shipping price is not included in the main sculpture prices and will be quoted once the sculpture is finished, packaged and ready to be shipped. Shipping will only occur once both the sculpture’s price and the shipping quote is paid in full
Sculptures weighing between 101-500g when packaged will cost £7.25 when shipped within the UK via Royal Mail’s Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm delivery service. The same weight sculpture shipped internationally would cost £14.95 when shipped via Royal Mail’s International Tracked & Signed delivery service. Sculptures weighing more will subsequently cost more.
Available Commission Slots
Slot 1: joy_dust - Togetic & Togepi Egg in Spring Rain (Sculpting completed, submission for approval very shortly)
Slot 2: EMPTY
Slot 3: EMPTY
How to Apply for a Slot!
Please place your requests in the following format or similar!:
"I would like to apply for commission slot 1/2 for a Small Stylized Sculpture.
Pokemon to be sculpted: Houndoom walking over a volcanic landscape."
To give everyone a fair chance at getting a slot, commissions will NOT be taken on a first come, first serve basis. I will be taking commissions on the basis of whether the sculpture idea inspires me, if it is something I feel I can execute to a high, professional standard and if I am confident that the sculpture will arrive to you in one piece (A dainty little Surskit balancing on one leg isn't going to survive being taken out of the oven, let alone shipped halfway across the world so be creative with your ideas, but please be practical too!) Every offer is taken into consideration and I will notify you if your application for a commission slot is accepted!
If you have any further questions you wish to have answered, please let me know in the appropriate thread below and I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can!
Good luck to all you prospective commissioners in getting your slot and best wishes to you all! =D